The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the role of Logistics Analyst, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent; a bachelor's degree is preferred
- Strong computer skills, including:
- Experience with routing, scheduling and logistics software
- MS Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Intermediate Word (e.g. tracking, tables, images, etc.), Excel (e.g. spreadsheet creation, formulas, VLOOKUPs, pivot table, etc.), and Access (the ability to pull reports, manipulate and move data)
- Experience with ACT or another CRM preferred
- Aptitude for learning new programs
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; polished phone skills
- An outgoing persona and upbeat attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment
- The ability to work with a range of levels and titles both internal and external
- A self-starter approach to your responsibilities
- A curious mind and strong learning aptitude
- Flexibility and the ability to multitask
- Strict attention to detail
The RoleRole Overview
Reporting to the Director of Operations at either our San Jose or Fresno location, as Logistics Analyst, your core responsibilities will fall into three key areas:
- Logistics, including scheduling and basic analytics
- Driver communication
- Customer interaction -- communicating with customers in order to understand their unique needs
You will be responsible for generating driver delivery routes and ensuring our customers' needs are being fulfilled. The pace is fast and you will regularly be required to multitask, balancing and prioritizing multiple duties. For example, we have 70 trucks picking up from multiple locations and delivering throughout California. You will track and manage all those movements, while also executing on other responsibilities, such as vendor management, report generation, SOP creation and more. Some of your specific responsibilities will include:
Logistics / Operations
- Managing primary scheduling duties to support San Jose
- Working closely with the Fleet Manager on the availability of equipment
- Matching equipment with the appropriate route and driver
- Learning and understanding routes in order to maximize equipment utilization across shifts
- Developing daily driver schedules based on a 9-10 hour workday with coverage 7 days per week
- Generating routes for optimum efficiency and fleet utilization
- Ensuring routes are covered in the event of sickness, breakdowns and or vacations
- Reporting truck safety and maintenance issues that need to be addressed to the Director of Operations
What's in It for You?Exciting time to join -- we are a fast growing company with plans for many changes and upgrades to our operations, fleet and facility. Changes include brand new GPS tracking and fleet management software, Dodge 5500 trucks, and San Jose office and shop remodels/enhancements.
Influence and impact-- this is a role where you can make an impact daily and over the long-haul. You will actively support daily operations by managing logistics and working directly with customers and drivers. You will influence future policies/procedures and the success of the company by building SOPs, influencing software and other decisions and more. You will also have the opportunity to expand your reach with our other eight locations throughout Northern California.
Strong training -- we will ensure you have the training and tools needed to succeed. Training and introduction events will include:
- Riding along with drivers at our Fortune 100 customers like Google and UPS
- Meeting with various company leaders, including the CEO, to learn sales and other processes, as well as current challenges.
- Learning the existing software and billing systems.
- Learning ACT customer relationship management (CRM) and other software as needed.
Solid growth -- eFuel has the right solutions at the right time, and we’ve experienced strong year-over-year growth for the past 20 years. That doesn't mean we're resting on our laurels. We're actively pursuing continued growth and have plans to move into the Southern California market. Growth equals opportunity and you'll be in a prime position to advance your career with eFuel.
Excellent location, warm culture – our offices are an excellent place to work and we are proud of our family-oriented culture and stable environment.
Great compensation -- in addition to a competitive compensation, we offer comprehensive benefits that include medical insurance, vacation and holiday pay, weekly paydays and much more!
Pictured: Great companies choose eFuel. These are just a few of the organizations we are proud to have as clients.
Keys to SuccessBecause this is a multifaceted role, you'll need a rounded skill-set, the ability to prioritize and reprioritize, strong learning ability and the runway and desire to grow professionally. On one hand, you'll have strong analytical skills, while on the other, a commitment to outstanding customer service will be key. It won't be usual to seamlessly move from interacting with a driver to working with a customer to solve a problem to interfacing with leadership, keeping them informed on critical issues and more. At times you'll be challenged, for example, current processes are far more manual than automated, but you'll make it work.
In addition to performing your daily duties, success will be measured by the attainment of key goals and objectives. Goals, in order of priority, will include:
- Quickly and thoroughly learning the scheduling process and Alpha 5 system.
- Learning Azuga GPS Fleet Tracking System and using reporting and other features including safety, driver tracking, maintenance; and reviewing features we are not currently using.
- Working with the CEO to research and recommend a new GPS tracking and scheduling system to replace Azuga & Alpha 5.
- Working with a Regional Manager, such as in Fresno, on test case implementation once a new system is selected / purchased.
- Reviewing our current emergency call tree format.
- Recommending changes/improvements to management.
- Implementing and documenting new procedure once approved, creating a clear SOP (standard operating procedure).
- Working with leadership to create and document a comprehensive SOP for the driver training process, including planned driver / peer / manager ride-along reviews.
- Working with leadership to create driver instructions in English and Spanish to be posted in each truck. Instructions could include basic truck operational issues and what to do in case of emergencies, breakdowns and spills.